need the answers for the science and math portion of the teas RETAKE version.
|13987||For retake version of teas 6||Science and math teas|
|13986||For the retake version of the teas test||Science|
|13979||ATI TEST VERSION SIX FOR SCIENCE||13859 ati test six version|
|13960||I'm re-taking teas version 6 and need help with reading, structure, and science. Thanks!||Teas version 6 re-take|
Ati teas Test six version
|Ati teas 6 version|
|13923||Ati science section teas Test six version||Ati teas|
|13921||Reading and science Teas 6||Teas 6|
|13920||Reading and science Teas 6||Teas 6|
|13902||if you have the right reading part let me know please. i need the retake one because i already took it one time. do you have everything?? if so how much for the package?||teas 6 reading and science ( retake part)|
|13897||I am looking for the nursing entrance exam on science & reading (teas 6 test). Thanks in advance||teas 6 test (readind & science)|
|13878||anyone who wants a challenge here it's an essay question||the great ocean conveyor belt|
SCIENCE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER
1. Free ears in dogs are controlled by dominant allele (F), and attached ears are controlled by the recessive allele (f). In addition, Short dogs is due to a dominant allele(S), and long hair is due to a recessive allele (s). Which of the following is the genotype of the dogs with free ears and short hair?
2. A blood sample taken from a patient who has an infection can be expected to show which of the following?
a Elevated white blood cell count
b Elevated red blood cell count
c Reduce red blood cell count
d Reduce White blood cell count
3. Which of the following organs remove nitrogenous waste from the body?
b. Large Intestine
d. Gall Bladder
4. An individual cell is able to make copies of its genetic information but is unable to produce encoded proteins. This indicates a possible problem in the_________________________.
b. Golgi apparatus
5. Which of the following digestive system structures releases amylase?
a. Goblet cells
c. Salivary glands
6. Which of the following functions does the myelin sheath perform for a nerve cell?
b. Sensory perception
7. Which of the following organs is responsible for secretion of the hormone insulin?
b. Thyroid gland
d. Adrenal Gland
8. An increase in which of the following would lead to a decrease in the amount of oxygen in the blood?
a. Inhalation rate
b. Red blood cell count
c. Exercise rate
d. Alveoli surface area
9. Which of the following body system break down proteins into amino acids?
10. Which of the following layers of skin contains the sebaceous glands?
c. Stratum corneum
11. In the image
12. Osteoporosis result from which of the followings?
a. A decline of osteoblast activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
b. A decline of osteoclast activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
c. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
d. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
13. Which of the following occurs in the cardiac cycle if the impulse triggered at the sinoatrial node never close?
a. Diastole will shorten in duration
b. The ventricles will not contract
c. There will be an absence of systole
d. The atria will not contract.
14. Which of the following structures is found in all cells?
a. Cell wall
d. Plasma membrane
15. Which of the following types of cell stimulates other immune cells to attack and destroy?
a. Helper T-cells
b. Plasma cells
c. Cytotoxic T-cell
d. Natural killer cells
16. The process known as gastrulation results in the formation of which of the following
a. Germinal layers
b. Neural crest
c. Coelomic cavities
d. Circulatory systems
17. Which of the followings molecules must undergo replication before cell division can occur?
18. Which of the following structures carriers blood away from the heart?
19. Which of the following demonstrates condensation?
a. Dew drops from on a leaf
b. A water puddle dries up.
c. Water convert to steam
d. Ice form on a pond
20. Of pathogens by phagocytes are nonspecific cell
a. Antibody- mediated immunity
b. The internal aspect of adaptive immune system
c. The internal aspect of the innate immune system
d. Passive immunity
21. Which of the following unit is used to indicate mass?
22. Which of the following demonstrate a chemical reaction of water?
a. Water boils to produce steam at 100 C (212 F)
b. Water produces gas with sodium metal
c. Water and oil separate when combined
d. Water dissolves sugar
23. In the experiment, students put brine shrimp in water with different concentration of salt and counted the number.
Which of the following changes to the experiment will increase confidence in the validity of the result?
a. Count the number of dead brine shrimp instead of living brine shrimp
b. Add more brine shrimp to the water with the highest salt concentration
c. Repeat the experiment several times, and calculate the average number of brine shrimp
d. Reduce the length of the experiment from 24 hours to 8 hours.
24. Where is the information stored in DNA?
a. Deoxyribose sugars
b. Phosphodiester bonds
c. Phosphate groups
d. Nitrogenous bases
25. In the intestine by which of the following?
a. Pancreatic secretions
b. Brush- border enzymes
c. Gastric juice
d. Mucus production
26. In which of the following locations does the development of blood call take place?
a. Bone Marrow
b. Spongy bone
27. The component of an atom that possesses relatively little mass, thus being negligible in calculating the atom
28. S and O are in the same periodic group and share chemical properties, but H2S is a gas at room temperature, following is the main reason for this?
a. H2S has stronger ionic bonds than H2O
b. H2S has stronger intramolecular bonds than H2O
c. H2O has stronger ionic bonds than H2S
d. H2O has stronger intramolecular bonds than H2S
29. Which of the following reasons explains why it is important for new scientific findings to be published?
a. Scientists will get paid if their findings are published
b. Other scientists can validate or disprove the findings
c. Publishing findings will help scientists become more biased
d. This prevent other scientists from performing similar test.
30. Which of the following organ system filter fluids?
31. the exchange of nutrients between tissues and blood primary occurs in which of the following locations?
32. The process by which gametes combine to form a zygote is called which of the following?
33. Which of the following cellular processes produces gametes?
34. C3H8 + ________ O2 ======= 3CO + 4H2O . Which of the following balances the reaction above?
35. which of the following blood vessels is the identified by the letter “K” in the image?
a. Pulmonary vein
c. Pulmonary artery
d. Inferior vena cava
36. Which portion of the autonomic nervous system is responsible for an increased heart rate?
37. Permanent damage to which of the following types of tissues in the spinal cord will cause paralysis?
a. Muscle tissue
b. Nervous Tissues
c. Bone tissue
d. Connective tissue
38. Which of the following diseases is caused by immune system attacking the body’s nervous system?
b. Muscular dystrophy
d. Multiple sclerosis
39. Which of the following is the appropriate prefix to measure the amount of space taken up?
40. In addition to oxygen and carbon dioxide, the circulatory system is the primary delivery system for
a. cerebrospinal fluid
b. exocrine secretions
c. biliary fluids
d. endocrine hormones
41. a biology class wants to perform an experiment to investigate the effect of different colors of light of green, yellow, red and clear cellophane and plant three seeds in each one. What part do the three seeds experiment?
a. Confounding variables
b. Independent variables
c. Control variables
d. Dependent variables
42. Iodine directly helps which of the following glands to function properly?
43. Genes are made of which of the followings types of sequences that code for one or more proteins?
44. Which of the following is a characteristic of a good hypothesis?
a. Original idea not based observation
b. Raises further questions
c. Should be testable
d. Contains more than two variables.
45. Which of the following
a. Relaxation of the diaphragm
b. Relaxation of the external intercostal
c. Contraction of the diaphragm
d. Contraction of external intercostal
46. Which of the following gland regulate the function of other glands in the endocrine system?
a. Thyroid gland
b. Pineal gland
c. Parathyroid gland
d. Pituitary gland
47. Which of the following reactions occurs during thermoregulation to increase body temperature?
a. The body relaxes the muscle
b. The body produces sweat
c. The body begin shivering
d. The body sends blood to the skin
48. Which of the followings terms describes the removal of metabolic waste from the body?
49. A deactivated deadly strain of bacteria was first treated with protease enzyme. It was bacteria became deathly
Which of the following statements is a valid conclusion from the experiment above?
a. Killed bacteria components can make live bacteria deadly
b. Dead bacteria are more deadly than live bacteria
c. Protein are dangerous to bacteria and kill them
d. Protease enzyme causes live bacteria to become deadly
50. A DNA strand has the sequence 5’ A-C-A-G-T-A-A-A- 3’. Which of the followings if the real sequence?
a. 3’ T-G-T-C-G-G-C-A-T-T-T 5’
b. 3’ A-C-A-G-C-C-G-T-A-A-A 5’
c. 3’ U-G-U-C-G-G-C-A-U-U-U 5’
d. 3’ A-A-A-T-G-C-C-G-A-C-A 5’
51. Gains and losses of which of the following generally create an electrolyte imbalance?
|SCIENCE TEAS 6 QUESTION|
4 sections total very easy online homework with one short written question at the end of it only needing one full paragraph to answer it. message me for login after handshake
|Biology Science Homeowrk Very Easy|
The term paper should be 5 pages double-spaced using 12 point font or smaller. A minimum of 4 references are required. Acceptable references include journals, books, and credible websites. The topic for the paper must be chosen from the list below or cleared with me. Either APA or MLA formats are acceptable. All papers will be checked with anti-plagiarism software. The term paper is due October 26th.
2011 Nuclear disaster in Japan
Global climate change
Toxins in our food
Drugs in our waters
Mercury in our water and food
Human population growth
Our environmental responsibilities as humans
the paper is very general and if you were to have any questions you could ask me about it 4 sources are required and I would appreciate it to be in MLA format with a source page also.
I am looking for a very good grade on this as it is important to gpa and am willing to tip for a great paper here....
|Biology paper 5 page double spaced easy topic choices|
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GETTING ON TEAS 6 SCEINCE
Which of the following is the very first step in epidermal wound healing?
Which of the following are true of yellow bone marrow?
Which of the following pigments is not involved in determining skin color?
Which is the oily substance secreted by sebaceous gland?
|Science questions for teas 6|
Which of the following substances is secreted by sweat glands in response to breakdown of proteins and formation of ammonia?
Help with TEAS 6
Please download attachment for better view
An unknown element is found to contain 45 protons and an atomic mass of 64, what is its atomic number?
The square above is based on the eye color of two parents, one of whom has brown eyes and carries the recessive gene for green eyes (a). What is the probability that a biological child of these parents will have brown eyes?
The spleen functions are part of the _____ system.
Which of the following completes the sentence above?
Which of the following is an example of deductive reasoning?
Which of the following is a possible cause of herniation of discs?
Which of the following is a characteristic of the autonomic nervous system?
During photosynthesis, which two compounds are combined to create the output of glucose and oxygen?
Questions 8 & 9 are based on the following diagram:
Which of the following is true about the frog?
Questions 8 & 9 are based on the following diagram:
Which statement can be inferred about amphibians?
What would this diagram be useful for?
What type of bond between the complementary bases of DNA stabilizes the double helix structure?
Which of the following subatomic particles are found inside of an atom’s nucleus?
Which of the following statements is true regarding trophic levels?
Why does the human eye perceive a red colored dress as the color red?
In a lab experiment designed to test the rate at which plants grow under artificial light, the kind of light used is which type of variable?
Which organ system is primarily responsible for regulating metabolism, mood, and growth?
In a vacuum, why doesn’t an elephant accelerate faster than a penny as it falls to the ground?
Which train described below would have the greatest momentum?
A scientist found that when an invasive species was introduced into a river, the population of salmon native to the region decreased. The type of correlation between these two populations could best be described as
The addition of a catalyst to a chemical reaction will have what effect?
The pharynx is part of what body system?
Which of the following is true about eukaryotic cells?
What characteristic of an element determines its specific isotope?
What is NOT true about RNA?
Which of the following scenarios would NOT give a normal distribution?
In a cell, the Golgi apparatus is found in what location?
Which taxonomic rank is the next-smallest after Order?
In plants, ________ involves the formation of a _____?
Which base is NOT found in DNA?
Which of the following layers of the atmosphere is the closest to space?
Which is NOT one of the four basic types of tissue?
The stomach is _____ to the small intestine.
Which of the following correctly completes the sentence above?
Which of the following is the atomic mass of an atom containing 42 protons, 42 electrons, and 37 neutrons?
A patient who has suffered head trauma is not able to recognize people he has met around an hour earlier but is still able to recognize people he met before the injury. He most likely has damage to the:
What process is illustrated in the diagram above?
Of the following, which is not a type of chemical bond?
If the amount of hydrogen in a balloon of fixed size is doubled, what happens to the mass and density of the balloon?
If you have 200 mL of a 60% sodium chloride solution, how much NaCl is dissolved in the solution?
How many carbon dioxide molecules are required to balance the following reaction:
4C6H12O6 + 24O2 → _CO2 + 24H2O + Energy
The graph above records the death rate of two types of male flies a certain number of days after a chemical pesticide is sprayed. What is the probability a male methuselah fly will be alive 75 days after exposure to the pesticide?
A scientist wants to write an equation using the variables X, Y, and Z. What is the proper relationship between the variables if X represents time, Y represents energy, and Z represents power?
What type of correlation is presented between price and quality?
What type of cells result from mitosis?
Cheetahs, rainbow trout, and inchworms belong to the same
The presence of which hormone would NOT cause an increase in water retention?
In which part of the heart does oxygenated blood flow out of?
Which of the following hormones are secreted directly by the hypothalamus?
Which of the following terms do these diagrams NOT portray?
|TEAS Science test for practice|
Assignment 1: Applications of the Scientific Method
The scientific method is useful in problem solving and decision-making in a wide variety of fields. In this assignment, you will demonstrate how to use the scientific method to make decisions and solve problems in your field of study or everyday life.
Identify a specific problem often faced in your field of study or everyday life. Research your problem and assess your data / research. Examples of such problems could be:
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Your report must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
|Applications of the Scientific Method|
B.3, 2, 1
D.2, 1, 3
|TEAS SCIENCE AND MATHS QUESTIONS|