MBA-Strategic Management - See attachments
Assignment 1: Case Study — Walmart External Environment Analysis Due Week 4, Day 7 (Weight: 15%)
Walmart's latest woes - sales dwindling, market share eroding — are featured heavily in the media today, and even in the Wall Street Journal. But is disaster really looming on the horizon for the low-cost giant? Or do the issues simply present an opportunity for big success?
Assess Walmart's external environment using three or more media sources to identify factors that are impacting Walmart's business model and take a stance on whether these factors signal imminent doom or new growth opportunities (if approached correctly).
Write a 3-6 page Business Brief for the Walmart Executive team on your findings.
1. Identify and concisely describe four external factors impacting Walmart.
• Describe each of the four factors. Is each a positive or negative for Walmart? Explain.
• What are the "symptoms" of each factor? (What is likely happening as a result of a factor?)
• How does each factor correlate to Porter's Five Forces or the Blue Ocean models? Explain.
2. Rank the factors in order from least to greatest potential impact and briefly explain your rationale.
3. Take a stand — Persuasively assert what these factors imply for the future of Walmart.
• Consider how the factors potentially influence the organization's capabilities, behavior, and strategic options.
4. Support your recommendations, assertions, and facts with in-text citations, appendixes, and references.
Recommended format and organization for the Business Brief. Business briefs are often used to convince and inform clearly and concisely in the business environment. For this assignment, your business brief should state its purpose, create awareness, and provide a persuasive informed assertion based on research and conceptual understandings. 1. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, professor's name, and the course title and date. (The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.) 2. Single-spaced, professional font (Times New Roman or Ariel), 10-12 font size 3. Headings used to identify main topics and subtopics 4. Paragraphs separated by a single space
©2016 Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University confidential and proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed, in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. This course guide is subject to change based on the needs of the class.
Page 1 of 4
Share Question on Social Media
Submitted by PROFSTAN on October 23rd, 2016 07:55
Rated 13 times.
Answer bought 1 times.
Original, compitent and reliable
Contact for Quality Work
I am a highly decorated tutor who settles for nothing but the best .
PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING TUTOR&PRACTITIONER
Best dev Alive...