|15607||I just wan 3 pages of this topic||air pollution essay|
|rticle Critique- Article needs to be from the Columbia University Library|
This is due on or before Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 6:00 CST
In preparing for this discussion, read Chapters 8 and 16 (p 338) of the course text. For your initial post, address the following in the discussion forum:
|Define disease management (DM) programs|
My topic is PROSTATE CANCER and due 2/20/18....PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW VERY CLOSELY
1. It must be typed. Please type the paper single spaced first.
Once the paper is finished, you will then double-space on
standard size paper with 1” margins on all sides in 12 pt font (-
10 if the font and font size is incorrect). Times New Roman font
in black, not bold ink only (-10 if incorrect). The ink must be
clear; no faded ink will be accepted. No colored ink will be
accepted. Please single space the paper until it is complete and
then double space it to avoid extra spaces between paragraphs.
(-1 point for every extra space within or between paragraphs).
(-1 point for each spelling, grammar, and punctuation error).
No cut and pasted papers will be accepted. Failure to follow all
of these listed instructions will result in point deductions. Please
2. The research paper must include 7 pages. Page #1 should be
the title page which includes a labeled colored picture off a
computer of your topic or relating to it. This means that the
picture cannot be one that you have colored with crayons,
markers, colored pencils, highlighters, any other utensils, or
taped to piece of paper. Centered below your picture, include
your name, date, Bio 2113 or Bio 2114 and the instructor’s
name ex: (instructor: (colon) Mrs. Prince) Pages 2-6 should be
your research information that includes at least 2 cited sources
per page. You must cite your sources using parentheses with the
authors last name first, (coma) and then p. for the page number
the information was found on. Example: (Tortora & Derrickson,
p.216). (-1 if the coma is missing) (No credit will be awarded if
the citations are not in parentheses). No cited sources will result
in a grade of 0 out of 70 possible points. (Failure to cite your
sources means that your entire paper was all your work;
therefore, it is not a research paper! Please type the desired
information and then cite your source; however, do not cut or
copy and paste. Do not use any other methods, not even
according to Tortora & Derrickson.) If you have a sheet of
information (your source) that does not have a page number,
please number it as page one. In other words, please use the
authors last name, page #1 as your citation). You must use at
least 2 cited pieces of information from each of your 5 sources.
There must be a total of 10 cited sources throughout the paper.
Page 7 should be your work cited or reference page. The paper
should not exceed 7 pages.
3. Use APA format (only for work cited page /use APA reference in
text document located on angel). The research paper should not
be in APA or MLA format, it should be completed using these
4. The very first paragraph of the first page using no more than five
sentences should be a very interesting eye opening introduction
which includes no cited sources or statistics. There should be no
cited information located here. No credit will be awarded if you
cite any sources. It should be a great introduction using your
own words. You may tell a short story, tell a joke, or whatever
you think will interest the reader. The very last sentence of your
first paragraph or introduction, the first, not the second or third
paragraph should be your thesis statement that begins…This
paper will discuss only, (coma)……..I will not award points for
anything else such as I am going to discuss, I am going to talk
about, or My paper will discuss.( -1 point for every extra
sentence over five). This includes run on sentences that should
be two or more sentences after it has been corrected).
5. Using no more than five sentences in the last paragraph on the
last information page, (page 6) should begin…In conclusion,
(coma) only… and then you state your opinions, suggestions,
concerns, issues and so on. (-1if missing a coma). I will not
award points for anything else. (1 point for every extra
sentence over five). There should be no cited information
located here. No credit will be awarded if you cite any sources.
6. You must provide copies of all used articles and attach them to
your research paper. Be sure to highlight the used information
on your sources in order to show where the used information
came from in case I or any other reader needs to reference the
content. Please do not include pages that you have not
highlighted any information.
7. Students who attend lab or traditional class only: It must
be in a clear report folder. The report must be inside the prongs
for easy reading and grading. It should be like a book. I will not
take any papers out of anything such as page protectors in order
to grade it. No paper including references should not be in a
side pocket.(-5 for any papers in side pockets).
8. You must also include a copy of the research paper rubric and
the library assignment sheet that must be filled out completely
(the library stamp and signature of the librarian or staff). (5
points will be deducted if the rubric is missing and I have to add
it; however, No library assignment sheet will result in a
grade of zero even with a completely done report).
9. You must have at least 5 references which includes only one
internet source. I will only grade one internet source in the
research paper and on the reference page. When citing your
internet source throughout your research paper, it should be
typed www.mayoclinic.com or www. and the search engine you
used. No points will be rewarded if you are missing www. You
do not have to type the author’s last name and page number for
the one internet source that you are able to use twice. You may
use other online sources such as encyclopedias, books,
dictionaries, magazines, journals, articles, power points,
newspapers, lectures, videos, and atlas just to name a few. You
must use 5 different sources. I will only grade the first five
references on your reference page no matter how many you
have provided. It is ok you use additional resources to make
your paper 5 pages; however, the first five sources should be
used at least twice.
10. There should be no bullets, numbering, charts, graphs, or
diagrams throughout your paper (-1 point each time it is used).
Use paragraph format only.
11. Each page should be numbered using the complete title of
your paper which should be located at the top right corner as a
header along with the page number. Do not use acronyms,
short hand, abbreviations, or put your last or first name with the
year in the header. If your topic is Sudden Infant Death
Syndrome, the title page should be Sudden Infant Death
Syndrome 1 in the header and on page 2, Sudden Infant Death
Syndrome 2, and so on).. . There should be no extra spaces
between each paragraph or between the topic of your paper in
the right hand corner and a paragraph (-1 for every extra
12. Please place the content in the following order: cover
page, five pages of research, reference page, articles, library
form, and rubric (-5 if not in the correct order).
13. Please see your Projected Learning Schedule for the
due date and time. I WILL NOT ACCEPT A LATE PAPER.
You may submit your paper early if you are not going to be here.
Your paper will be -20 per day if your paper is late plus
you will not receive any extra points if any have been
rewarded to the other students.
|My topic is PROSTATE CANCER|
Once you identify the film you will use for the assignment, watch it critically, from the perspective of someone who is becoming knowledgeable about gerontology and aging-related issues. Take good notes that focus on gerontologically-relevant aspects of the film. These notes should form the basis of your analysis. Be sure to use the to guide you through the assignment. Your analysis should be no less than 3 1/2 and no more than 5 double-spaced, typed pages. Please use 12-point font and 1 inch margins. Address the following points in your analysis, and be sure to include gerontological vocabulary and concepts throughout your responses:
Film : “Still Alice”
|Once you identify the film you will use for the assignment|
Compare and contrast public health funding (and resulting impacts on service and program delivery) in your area. How does funding impact the quality of public health?
Response two PHM-03
There are many public health services that are funded at the state level. New York State has funding for different programs, including: the Assisted Living Program, the Preventive Health/Health Services Block Grant, the New York State Child/Adult Care Food Program, the Infertility Demonstration Program, the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund, and the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) Program (New York State Department of Health [NYSDOH], 2018). For the Preventive Health and Health Services (PHHS) Block Grant, it provides funding for programs in prevention that have a need that is demonstrated, that is relevant to the objectives within the state department of health's Prevention Agenda, and that is also relevant to the objectives required for Healthy People 2020 as pointed out by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (NYSDOH, 2017). The state department of health also, on an annual basis, receives funding from the federal government (specifically the U.S. Department of Agriculture [USDA]) to enhance and support the Child and Adult Care Food Program (NYSDOH, 2017). As a matter of fact, the state received around 272 million dollars in federal USDA funds for this particular program in 2016 (NYSDOH, 2017). Child care centers, community-based adult day care centers, after school programs, homeless shelters, and home-based family/group child care are participants in this program (NYSDOH, 2017). As far as the Infertility Demonstration Program (IDP) is concerned, the health department invited selected infertility providers throughout the state to participate in that particular program (NYSDOH, 2017). The respective providers that agreed to participate are highly responsible for billing the state for IVF (in vitro fertilization) and GIFT (gamete intra-fallopian tube transfer) costs, after insurance reimbursement/patient co-pays are all taken into account (NYSDOH, 2017). Based on the services that are offered by the provider, the IDP program also includes a subsidy for testicular sperm extraction (TESE) (NYSDOH, 2017). There is a five-year contract term for the program, which began in October of last year, and lasts until September of 2022; however, the program's continuation all depends on the availability of funds (NYSDOH, 2017). The Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) provides a financial incentive for drinking water systems that are owned privately and municipally in order to finance improvements that are needed in the infrastructure of drinking water (NYSDOH, 2011). These improvements include distribution mains, storage facilities, and treatment plants (NYSDOH, 2011). There is a subsidized low interest rate financing for eligible water system construction projects (NYSDOH, 2011). Money is made available for new financings as the financings are repaid (NYSDOH, 2011). Interest rates can be reduced to a percentage of zero for communities that are facing hardships financially (NYSDOH, 2011). Additionally, Financial Assistance (grants) may be available in the event that hardships become more severe (NYSDOH, 2011). During the 2011 fiscal year period (from October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011), a grand total of $26,828,100 was available to provide grants to eligible communities that were disadvantaged (NYSDOH, 2011). Within the local level, public health services are also funded. In Westchester County, for the 2014 fiscal year, there had been new grants that have been funded within the areas of HIV/AIDS outreach, health insurance (for individuals and small businesses), disaster relief/preparedness, and HPV/meningococcal vaccine distribution for the college-aged group population (Westchester County Department of Health, 2013).
I believe that the way public health services are funded promotes quality and overall organizational improvement because they are distributed to various population groups who are in dire need. These services are also of great benefit to the surrounding communities because some of them lack the basic necessities/resources as well as the access to affordable health care. Children, adolescents, adults, seniors, and the homeless all suffer from hunger, so the example of the child/adult care food program would particularly cater to these groups. There are some communities that do not have access to pure water that is drinkable; so in this case, the example of the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund would greatly help these communities to get water that is safe, affordable, and clean. If everything is distributed fairly/equally and everyone is accounted for, then the local/state health departments will, in turn, become more productive/effective organizations. Everyone within the organizations must work together in an unselfish manner to allocate the funds to the respective groups. Helping others is a very important part of being an efficient steward in the public health field.
Westchester County Department of Health (2013, November 25). Westchester County Department of Health Budget 2014: Presentation to the Westchester County Board of Legislators Budget & Appropriations Committee. Retrieved from westchesterlegislators.com/pdf/FY2014BudgetPresentations/FY2014Budget-Health.pdf
Response TWO- PHM-03
|Compare and contrast public health funding|
go to this website if you do not know what a full sentence outline mean.
Note: if you did not do it well, I will dispute you.
|there is a word document attached and I want to make it in a full sentence outline format.|
field of Practice: Registered Nurse in Intensive Care
-Please discuss the four spheres of political action in nursing.
-In addition, please develop a brief argument sharing how these spheres are interconnected and overlapping by applying an example from your practice.
-What are some ethical considerations here?
***** Please answer every question*****
|REQUIREMENTS: Min 300 words, 1 Scholar source (no older than 5 years), Strict APA format.|
Isaac has worked as a staff nurse on the telemetry floor for over 15 years. He holds seniority in the unit. His patient care is satisfactory; however, his interpersonal behaviors are becoming an increasing issue for his coworkers. He throws papers around the unit, gives short answers to questions, and seems generally miserable. He tells the staff that they are lazy and stupid. He is constantly questioning their decisions. You have come from another local hospital in the role of the assistant nurse manager. Based on your observations, you have met with Isaac informally and discussed his behaviors, but they have not changed. Now three new nurses have already come to you saying that this unit is a great match for them, except for one problem. Although they have not identified Isaac by name, they have told you that one of the nurses is extremely abusive verbally, and they have been calling in sick on the days they are scheduled to work with this person.
1. What are your responsibilities as an assistant nurse manager in regard to Isaac’s behavior problem?
2. What is the next step in dealing with Isaac’s behaviors?
3. How will you, as the manager, have Isaac develop more effective people skills?
This is your first position as a nurse manager. The holidays are rapidly approaching, and the hospital policy states that each unit will negotiate holiday coverage individually. You are already getting requests via e-mail and on Post-it notes for holiday time. Several staff members have come to you stating that they “never” seem to get their requests for holidays. Discussion among the staff members is creating dissension and conflict.
1. Discuss the potential impact of this problem on you and the unit staff.
2. Describe a minimum of one positive consequence and one negative consequence of this conflict.
3. Select a model of conflict resolution and explain how you, as a nurse manager, might resolve this conflict.
-Introduction or abstract page
-Summary or Conclusion page
-Four Pages Minimum, not included Introduction or abstract, Conclusion or Summary , and Bibliographic pages.
-Completely unacceptable Copy and Paste from Internet, or other resources.
-Bibliographic have to be in APA Format, minimum 3 references citations with 3 years old or less.
|Nursing Leadership and Management|
1-In addition to helping patients to identify and overcome barriers, we can also provide them with available resources, and making sure the patient knows and understand the materials provided. According to Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2015), Health materials are effective only when used as part of an overall patient education strategy. Simply handing patients a pamphlet or referring them to a Web site is not enough to promote understanding or behavior change. According to Edelman, C., Kudzma, E., & Mandle, C. (2010), The health belief model and social learning theory assist the nurse in formulating an action plan that meets the needs and capabilities of the individual making health behavior changes. The action plans may include and not limited to, making sure the patient understands the material by reviewing it with him/her. Personalize it, highlight important areas applicable to the patient, ensure patient knows how to use audiovisual materials, obtain feedback from patient. Support groups might also be
2-Yes, this is true. We as nurses are known to be educators to our patients. Giving them the right information in order to promote a healthy lifestyle is very important. We also have to make sure the understand what we are educating them on, whether they have explain the procedure or instructions to us or if they perform it in front of us. It's very important to promote awareness on different diseases that can be prevented . of a great help to some patients.
3-Yes, I have seen the same thing. Patients want to know exactly what they are getting in terms of medication and if the nurse can't tell them what's in the cup or what the medication is for, they become distrustful. Because families are often at the bedside, they can help remind patients what interventions are for. When I worked at the bedside in ICU, spending 10 minutes giving the family an update at teh beginning of the day made the whole day go smoother.
|please answer base in this answer in APA format|
You work for the local public health department in the Immunization Registry and Vaccine for Children (VFC) division. Your job is to interface with local pediatricians and primary care physicians, making sure immunizations are being properly reported and the providers that participate in the VFC immunization program are properly documenting vaccine use and patient information.
You have been briefed by the chief epidemiologist who states that a growing public complacency about the need for childhood immunizations has resulted in record low levels of registry immunizations against preventable diseases. You must put together a plan to educate the physicians of this potentially serious risk to the community and make them aware of the growing population of unimmunized and under-immunized children and what they may do to help correct this concern.
Respond to the following:
How will you approach the physician community and get their buy-in to increase immunization efforts with their patient populations?
What benefits does an up-to-date immunization registry provide to (1) parents, (2) immunization providers, and (3) the public
What educational materials, services, programs, or support can local, state, and federal public health agencies offer to the providers and the community for improving registry statistics?
Write your response in a minimum of 300–400 words, providing relevant references.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Respond to at least two students’ postings.
|You work for the local public health department|
Protein blog There are many myths about protein. But unlike the myths that carbohydrates and fats are “bad”, the myths about protein commonly involve thinking that protein is “good” – and the more the better. But in nutrition, amount and balance is very important. With all nutrients, intake can be not enough or too much. This activity is to explore protein myths and critically compare them with valid nutrition information Remember that your blog should be about 500-700 words long. You will need 2 valid references (while you may use your book for some of the discussion, you need 2 other valid sources and 1 needs to be a peer reviewed journal article).
To do your blog: After reading the Protein chapter, consider 2 things that you had heard about protein before taking this class that you are now questioning. This could include any topic addressed in the chapter.
Examples are: a person needs to eat meat to get enough protein; protein builds muscle; most meats are mostly protein, etc. Clearly describe what you had heard or thought about the topic that you now question. Summarize the information about the topic that is presented in the book and compare and contrast what you previously thought. Find ONE source of valid information that addresses each topic. Summarize the information from the source. Provide citation to the valid information. This means that you need at least 2 valid references and one needs to be a peer reviewed journal article Important step: Discuss how you will apply the information that you have learned
|There are many myths about protein|
Policy analysis is an analysis that provides informed advice to a client that relates to a public policy decision, includes a recommended course of action or inaction. There are five steps in writing a policy analysis. A policy analysis can be utilized to identify a policy problem. Policy analysis has many purposes. Answer the following questions:
||Introduce a nursing theory|
You have been asked to investigate a new procedure that physicians would like nurses to adopt in the hospital. Discuss the process you would apply to determine whether the procedure falls within the RN scope of practice and how you would go about introducing the new procedure with physicians and fellow nurses.
|investigate a new procedure that physicians|
can you help me with this assignment with good quality and be on time. The presentation is about Osteoarthritis diseases, the outline I need just risk factors, rates, demographics. It has to be 700 to 800 words and also I need a PowerPoint slides/pictures for each outline, Of course references as well please.
I am looking for the teas test 6 all versions- i already have one version but I need the rest
|teas test 6 all versions|
Must be in 12 point, Times New Roman with 1” margins. Length should be approximately 3-4 pages double spaced (excluding Title Page, Abstract page and References page) including your summary paper of research and your QAPI worksheet. Must follow all APA format requirements.
All questions must be responded to.
Go to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website and read about QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) http://www.medicare.gov/NursingHomeCompare/About/What-Is-NHC.html and the 5 elements of QAPI. These elements can also be found on the Joint Commission for Accreditation website at http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/Crosswalk_TJC_QAPI_ncc.pdf
Assignment 1 Directions:
Please write about this facility
1. I chose option A and my facility is zip code 42102-5847 greenwood nursing and rehabilitation center bowling green, KY
2- Failed To: Ensure services provided by the nursing facility meet professional standards of quality.
3- Web link is:
same nursing facility I have selected for Discussion Board 1 on the CMS Nursing Home Compare website (http://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.html).
For your chosen facility,
A.) an inspection result health deficiency
*Note: I have provided an example of Option A at the end of this document to help you understand what I am asking you to do.
1. Provide the name and location of the facility.
2. Provide detail on what quality measure.
3. Provide a weblink to the quality measure.
4. Research: find at minimum of 2 full article references on Google Scholar that provide history or recommendations relative to the quality measure you selected. For example, you might choose residents that experienced pain as your quality measure to improve upon because your nursing home has a higher than average rating for that quality measure
You can find articles that talk about pain levels of residents, how to determine pain for non-communicating residents, alternative methods to pain reduction, etc. Summarize and cite these sources in 1-2 pages and how that information was utilized and beneficial to development of your QAPI Goal Setting Worksheet.
5. Utilizing the measure that you selected, complete a QAPI Goal Setting Worksheet for quality improvement. Your Goal Sheet should result in either no deficiencies on the next inspection process or improved quality rating percentage for the facility.
*Your goals/action plans must be REALISTIC!!!! Do not put that you will do a daily audit every shift of with every staff member because you cannot possibly do that unless within your document you state staff that will assist you in that process. Again, think about if what you have put is REALISTIC or not.
Health and Fire Safety Inspections, Option A:
2. I chose option A and my facility is zip code 42101, Signature Healthcare of Bowling Green, KY
3. I clicked on “health and fire safety inspections” then scrolled down to “nutrition and dietary: 1 deficiency found” and it stated:
“Nursing home failed to “Store, cook, and serve food in a safe and clean way”
4. Weblink is:
5. I would then write a 1-2 page (excluding title page, abstract and references) paper that is a summary of my research on regulations and training of staff related to required storing, cooking and serving of food in nursing facilities or health care facilities. I would write how that information was utilized in completion of my QAPI Goal Setting Worksheet and realistic expectations of staff, to include what human error can occur.
6. QAPI Goal Setting Worksheet: I would then attach my completed QAPI form on how to address this specific deficient practice in my building.
|Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)|
Module 2 Application Assignment: Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
As a clinical mental health counselor, it is important to understand the biological processes related to mental health issues. Understanding the relationship between biology and substance abuse or addiction is critical. This assignment will help you to clarify your understanding of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
You should also listen to the lecture, review supplemental materials, and use the rubrics as guides to help you complete the assignment. This assignment will count toward your final grade and is due by Day 7, and is worth 50 points.
As part of this assignment, you will reflect on the reading material, videos, and information from the Pearson Lab - Learning Outcomes 2 and 3. You should complete all of the activities associated with learning outcomes in the lab and watch the associated videos.
1. Define and understand the terminology commonly associated with the field of chemical dependency.
2. Describe the major effects of depressants, stimulants, cannabinoids, hallucinogens, opioids, and inhalants on the human brain and biological and physiological processes of the body.
3. Describe the genetic, biological, environmental, social, psychological, and philosophical influences of addiction.
Read your textbook chapters and additional resources. Also, complete all of the related material in MyCounselingLab. Reflect on the following as part of this assignment (two or three pages).
1. Discuss the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of opioids (2-3 paragraphs). Be sure to identify neurotransmitters, specific sites in the brain that play a role with opioids, and information related to how the drug is metabolized.
2. Review the physiological and psychological process related to withdrawal from opioids. Symptoms and processes vary based on individual differences, the class of substance used, the amount of substance taken, and the length of time over which the substance was taken. Compare and contrast withdrawal from opioids from withdrawal from alcohol (2 paragraphs)
3. Seriousness of symptoms may require a different level of care. Counselors need to know about these complications and the appropriate treatment recommendations for clients who are at risk. Discuss the considerations for treatment level related to opioid abuse/dependence. What symptoms might be present? What might be of medical concern? (1-2 paragraphs).
4. Discuss how you might explain to a client the physiology of tolerance. (2 paragraphs). Provide any necessary graphs or charts you might use.
Support your Application assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation.
Assignment should be 2-3 pages.
1. Go to the Lamar University Library and download the following article:
Stoops, W. W., Hatton, K. W., Lofwall, M. R., Nuzzo, P. A., & Walsh, S. L. (2010). Intravenous oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine in recreational opioid users: Abuse potential and relative potencies. Psychopharmacology, 212(2), 193-203. doi:10.1007/s00213-010-1942-4
2. Read the assigned article for the week
3. Consider all of the associated reading materials and MyCounselingLab materials
4. Provide a critique of the assigned article using related reading and materials in support of your critique.
5. Critique must include all five criteria:
a. Introduction and summary of the article
b. Major strengths in the article.
c. Major weaknesses or gaps in the article
d. Two areas to consider in the practice of substance abuse counseling
e. Personal reflection and conclusion
6. Use APA formatting.
This is the Title of My Assignment
Semester Year Term
This is the Title of My Assignment
Introduction or Article Summary
Here is where you will discuss the first criteria of the critique. Provide a brief summary of the key points of the article, including the problem statement and purpose of the study. Distinguish your thoughts from the author(s) words and include appropriate citations. Also, remember to use quotes sparingly or not at all (paraphrase instead when using sources) to show you understand and can apply the material. Times New Roman 12 point font, double spacing, and one inch margins on all four sides are used throughout the paper. This section should be one to two paragraphs total. A reader who has not read the article should be able to understand your summary. Keep in mind, however, that the critique below should be longer than your summary.
Here is where you will discuss the major strengths in the article. Some of the questions you should ask yourself: What parts of the article do you think the author(s) did that was positive? What was learned from the article? Is the title appropriate and clear? Is the purpose of the article made clear? Are the methods described adequately? Is the sample selection described representative and unbiased? Are the statistical methods appropriate? Did the authors include a theoretical framework? Is it appropriate for this study? Did the author(s) provide a sufficient and relevant literature review? Have any ideas been over or under emphasized? (give examples and suggestions for revisions). What is the validity and reliability of the study?
Here is where you will discuss any weaknesses in the article. What are the limitations? Do the data and conclusions contradict each other? Was the discussion relevant? You can ask yourself some of the same questions as above, and apply them as either strengths or weaknesses, depending on your critique. There is no right or wrong here. It is your qualified opinion of the article.
Future areas to Consider
What questions remain unanswered? How could future studies be improved? Focus on areas to consider in the practice of substance abuse counseling. What type of clientele would benefit from this research approach?
Reflection and Conclusion
These are your conclusions, not the authors. Ask yourself, what surprised you or struck you as interesting? If you totally agree or disagree with the author(s), discuss that here and explain what you really thought about this article. In your opinion, do the data support the conclusions made by the author(s)? Are the results thought provoking? What was the most important thing you learned by reading and critiquing this article?
Before submitting your assignment, make sure you proofread your paper for mechanics, usage, grammar, spelling, and sentence structure and ensure all assignment criteria have been met. Each section of your review (each of the five criteria) should be at least one well-developed paragraph.
(Notice that this starts on a new page. To make sure it stays on its own page, use Insert Page Break). Your references will follow the general format below and will be double spaced without additional spaces between references. This is an example of how to cite a journal article from Week 1. Be sure to consult your APA manual for specific instructions on reference formatting of various sources. Note that the directs say to provide a critique of the assigned article using related reading and materials in support of your critique, so you should have more than one reference here.
Birnbaum, H. G., White, A. G., Schiller, M., Waldman, T. Cleveland, J. M., & Roland, C. L. (2011). Societal costs of prescription opioid abuse, dependence, and misuse in the United States. Pain Medicine, 12(4), 657-667.
|Module 2 Application Assignment|
|14349||na||Which of the following structures is found in all cells|
|14348||na||Which of the following structures is found in all cells|
|14347||its an exam with 20 questions the subject is pharmacy technician||pharmacy technician|
For this assignment, you'll write three limericks about neuroscience. A limerick is a miniature poem. Here's an example, about neuroplasticity:
It's a fortunate person whose brain
(in Rosenzweig & Bennett (1996). Behavioral Brain Research, 78, 57-65)
Each of your three limericks should be five lines long, and should obey the conventional limerick rhyming structure (AABBA; the first, second, and fifth lines should rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth should rhyme as well). Usually the first, second, and fifth lines are a little longer than the third and fourth lines.
One of your limericks should be about neurons, one of your limericks should be about a neurotransmitter of your choice, and one of your limericks should be about a brain structure, region, or lobe of your choice. Your limericks should each present accurate and thoughtful descriptions of their biological functions, and their role in psychology.
Your submission, like all reflection assignments, will be graded according to the following rubric:
Your limericks must be written originally, by you. Submissions will be processed through TurnItIn.com to ensure their originality.
|three limericks about neuroscience|
For this assignment, write a 1,000-1,250-word paper on SICKLE CELL DISEASE. Include the following: Use subheadings, APA, proper reference and in text citation
1. Examine how genetics can influence policy issues.
2. Discuss any nutritional influences for the cause of this disease.
3. Discuss the process of nutritional assessment and counseling as it relates to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
4. Discuss the prevalence rates, testing, treatment, and prognosis as they relate to human nutrition.
This activity is designed to expose you to a variety of nursing theory perspectives.
Select a nursing theory you have researched in past weeks.
Analyze the theory. Your analysis should include:
Cite at least three scholarly articles.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
|14202||Search and Seizures" Please respond to the following:|
|14193||Laws of science|
1. Free ears in dogs are controlled by dominant allele (F), and attached ears are controlled by the recessive allele (f). In addition, Short dogs is due to a dominant allele(S), and long hair is due to a recessive allele (s). Which of the following is the genotype of thedogs with free ears and short hair?
2. A blood sample taken from a patient who has an infection can be expected to show which of the following?
a Elevated white blood cell count
b Elevated red blood cell count
c Reduce red blood cell count
d Reduce White blood cell count
3. Which of the following organs remove nitrogenous waste from the body?
b. Large Intestine
d. Gall Bladder
4. An individual cell is able to make copies of its genetic information but is unable to produce encoded proteins. This indicates apossible problem in the___________.
b. Golgi apparatus
5. Which of the following digestive system structures releases amylase?
a. Goblet cells
c. Salivary glands
6. Which of the following functions does the myelin sheath perform for a nerve cell?
b. Sensory perception
7. Which of the following organs is responsible for secretion of the hormone insulin?
b. Thyroid gland
d. Adrenal Gland
8. An increase in which of the following would lead to a decrease in the amount of oxygen in the blood?
a. Inhalation rate
b. Red blood cell count
c. Exercise rate
d. Alveoli surface area
9. Which of the following body system break down proteins into amino acids?
10. Which of the following layers of skin contains the sebaceous glands?
c. Stratum corneum
11. In the image
12. Osteoporosis result from which of the followings?
a. A decline of osteoblast activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
b. A decline of osteoclast activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
c. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoblast activity continues at expected levels
d. An increase in osteocyte activity while osteoclast activity continues at expected levels
13. Which of the following occurs in the cardiac cycle if the impulse triggered at the sinoatrial node never close?
a. Diastole will shorten in duration
b. The ventricles will not contract
c. There will be an absence of systole
d. The atria will not contract.
14. Which of the following structures is found in all cells?
a. Cell wall
d. Plasma membrane
15. Which of the following types of cell stimulates other immune cells to attack and destroy foreign agents?
a. Helper T-cells
b. Plasma cells
c. Cytotoxic T-cell
d. Natural killer cells
16. The process known as gastrulation results in the formation of which of the following embryonic structures?
a. Germinal layers
b. Neural crest
c. Coelomic cavities
d. Circulatory systems
17. Which of the followings molecules must undergo replication before cell division can occur?
18. Which of the following structures carriers blood away from the heart?
19. Which of the following demonstrates condensation?
a. Dew drops from on a leaf
b. A water puddle dries up.
c. Water convert to steam
d. Ice form on a pond
20. Of pathogens by phagocytes are nonspecific cell
a. Antibody- mediated immunity
b. The internal aspect of adaptive immune system
c. The internal aspect of the innate immune system
d. Passive immunity
21. Which of the following unit is used to indicate mass?
22. Which of the following demonstrate a chemical reaction of water?
a. Water boils to produce steam at 100 C (212 F)
b. Water produces gas with sodium metal
c. Water and oil separate when combined
d. Water dissolves sugar
23. In the experiment, students put brine shrimp in water with different concentration of salt and counted the number.
Which of the following changes to the experiment will increase confidence in the validity of the result?
a. Count the number of dead brine shrimp instead of living brine shrimp
b. Add more brine shrimp to the water with the highest salt concentration
c. Repeat the experiment several times, and calculate the average number of brine shrimp
d. Reduce the length of the experiment from 24 hours to 8 hours.
24. Where is the information stored in DNA?
a. Deoxyribose sugars
b. Phosphodiester bonds
c. Phosphate groups
d. Nitrogenous bases
25. Acid chyme produced by stomach is neutralized In the intestine by which of the following?
a. Pancreatic secretions
b. Brush- border enzymes
c. Gastric juice
d. Mucus production
26. In which of the following locations does the development of blood call take place?
a. Bone Marrow
b. Spongy bone
27. The component of an atom that possesses relatively little mass, thus being negligible in calculating the atom
28. S and O are in the same periodic group and share chemical properties, but H2S is a gas at room temperature, following is themain reason for this?
A.H2S has stronger ionic bonds than H2O
B.H2S has stronger intramolecular bonds than H2O
C.H2O has stronger ionic bonds than H2S
D.H2O has stronger intramolecular bonds than H2S
29.Which of the following reasons explains why it is important for new scientific findings to be published?
A. Scientists will get paid if their findings are published
B. Other scientists can validate or disprove the findings
C. Publishing findings will help scientists become more biased
D.This prevent other scientists from performing similar test.
30. Which of the following excess solutes from the the blood?
31. the exchange of nutrients between tissues and blood primary occurs in which of the following locations?
32. The process by which gametes combine to form a zygote is called which of the following?
33. Which of the following cellular processes produces gametes?
34. C3H8 + ________ O2 ======= 3CO + 4H2O . Which of the following balances the reaction above?
36. Which portion of the autonomic nervous system is responsible for an increased heart rate?
37. Permanent damage to which of the following types of tissues in the spinal cord will cause paralysis?
39. Which of the following is the appropriate prefix to measure the amount of space taken up?
40. In addition to oxygen and carbon dioxide, the circulatory system is the primary delivery system for?
41. a biology class wants to perform an experiment to investigate the effect of different colors of light of green, yellow, red and clearcellophane and plant three seeds in each one. What part do the three seeds experiment?
42. Iodine directly helps which of the following glands to function properly?
43. Genes are made of which of the followings types of sequences that code for one or more proteins?
44. Which of the following is a characteristic of a good hypothesis?
A.Original idea not based observation
B.Raises further questions
C.Should be testable
D.Contains more than two variables.
45. Which of the following
Relaxation of the diaphragm
Relaxation of the external intercostal
Contraction of the diaphragm
Contraction of external intercostal
46. Which of the following gland regulate the function of other glands in the endocrine system?
47. Which of the following reactions occurs during thermoregulation to increase body temperature?
A.The body relaxes the muscle
B.The body produces sweat
C.The body begin shivering
D. The body sends blood to the skin
48. Which of the followings terms describes the removal of metabolic waste from the body?
49. A deactivated deadly strain of bacteria was first treated with protease enzyme. It was bacteria became deathly
Which of the following statements is a valid conclusion from the experiment above?
A. Killed bacteria components can make live bacteria deadly
B. Dead bacteria are more deadly than live bacteria
C.Protein are dangerous to bacteria and kill them
D.Protease enzyme causes live bacteria to become deadly
50. A DNA strand has the sequence 5’ A-C-A-G-T-A-A-A- 3’. Which of the followings if the real sequence?
A.3’ T-G-T-C-G-G-C-A-T-T-T 5’
B.3’ A-C-A-G-C-C-G-T-A-A-A 5’
C.3’ U-G-U-C-G-G-C-A-U-U-U 5’
D.3’ A-A-A-T-G-C-C-G-A-C-A 5’
51. Gains and losses of which of the following generally create an electrolyte imbalance?
53. Which of the following cellular organelles releases the energy contained in food?
54. which of the following describe the function of the neuron?
A.creates electrical impulses
B.transmits sensory information
C.stores potassium ions
55. Which of the following are the sites within the human body where dioxide and oxygen are exchanged?
56. which of the following types of bonds link base pair nucleotides within a double strand of dna?
57. In an experiment, students put brine shrimp in water with different concentrations of salt and counted the number of livingshrimp after 24 horus. Which of the following changes to the experiment will increase confidence in the validity of the result?
a. Repeat the experiment several times, and calculate the average number of brine shrimp
b. count the number of dead brine shrimp instead of living brine shrimp.
c. Add more brine shrimp to the water with the highest salt concentration
d. Reduce the length of the experiment from 24 hours to 8 hours
60. which of the following muscles causes goose bumps as a mechanism of thermoregulation?
61. Which of the following is the muscle action that results in exhalation and causes the air pressure inside the lungs to be higherthan outside the chest cavity?
62. Which of the following substances is secreted by sweat glands in response to breakdown of proteins and formation ofammonia?
63. The component of an atom that possesses relatively little mass, thus being negligible in calculating the atomic mass number, is the
64. which of the following processes causes most of the carbon dioxide from the blood to move into the alveoli?
|TEAS 6 SCIENCE|
|14098||already took the teas once and found the questions and answers to the first attempt but need the second attempt version.||teas 6 retake questions and answers|
|14096||I need the real question and answer for the teas 6! (reading, math, science, english?||TEAS TEST|